Cold chain logistics are one of the dangerous and, at the same time, most profitable fields. If you want to achieve success and want to grow your business, you need to be prepared and be smart about your approach and continually try to improve.
When your business deals with perishable goods or any other types of goods that need precise temperature regulation then your cold chain logistics management must be on point and be good.
From particular cold chain networks to specific packaging materials, cold chain logistics management is a vital aspect of the broader supply chain of your business.
Following are the best 9 practices in cold chain logistics management to safeguard your temperature of sensitive products arrive at their destination without any issue-
1. A smart Cost Management method to comprehend risks and prepare for them is to hold total expenses. All costs i.e.; direct, indirect, and hidden should be taken into account. TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) should be considered rather than only controlling costs on a purchase price source.
2. It is extremely important to make sure that precise temperatures are set and maintained during conveyance.
3. Our teams make the supply chain run,we should having ongoing team training, and creating niche teams that specialize across all areas of our supply chain is a main key in our success as a logistics company.
4. A good Artificial intelligence can help to help manage operations more effectively. Our supply chain managers may benefit from its assistance in spotting possible threats and trends as well as developing strategies for minimizing them.
5. Choice of packaging can be of two types one is active and other is passive in terms of its approach and efficacy. Active packaging involves an energy source and thermostatic control and passive packaging involves conventional packages that use water to keep the product at required temperature.
6. Transporting high value goods globally through the cold chain requires fine thought-out policies and procedures.
7. The next best practices in cold chain logistics management are to highlight compliance with regulations.
8. It is absolutely important that all the equipment is properly examined. That your authorities ensure that everything is adjusted right and ready for use. And even to check and monitor the current state of the goods you are scheduling to transport. Because no one cannot afford to pick up faulty goods and then be liable for their state upon delivering them to their destination.
9. Temperature sensitive products are very difficult to transport even under ideal conditions. Therefore, an opening in SOP may result in a rapidly ruined shipment. Eventually, SOPs are a very important aspect of cold chain logistics management and need strict attention to detail.